¿What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that some websites send to the browser and can be installed on the user´s terminal, being this terminal a cell phone, a laptop, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can make your next visit easier and make the site more useful by customizing its content. Cookies play a very important role, by enhancing the experience of the Web user.
How are Cookies used? When browsing through this web portal, users are accepting that cookies can be installed in their terminal and that they allow us to know the following information:
- Statistical information of the web use.
- The preferred web format for accessing from mobile devices.
- The latest searches performed on the web services and customization data of these services.
- Social networks connection data for users who access with their Facebook or Twitter account user.
Type of used cookies: This web page usses session cookies as well as persistent cookies. Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. Persistent cookies keep data stored in the terminal that can be accessed and processed during more than one sesión. According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, the Web can use:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services provided therein for different purposes, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, session login, accessing restricted sections, remembering the elements comprising an order, filling out an event's participation or registration form, using security features while browsing, buffering content for video or sound streaming.
- Customization cookies: Cookies that allow users to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on the user's terminal settings, such as language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, content type, terminal geolocation and the regional configuration from which the service is accessed.
- Advertising cookies: Cookies that enable to efficiently manage advertising space provided by a publisher in the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. They allow to adjust the ad content to make it useful to the end user and to avoid showing already browsed adds.
- Statistical analysis cookies: Cookies that allow their publisher to track and analyze the behavior of the linked websites' users. The information collected through such cookies is used to measure web site, application or platform activity, and to draw-up user site, application and platform browsing profiles, in order to implement improvements based on usage data analysis.
- Third party cookies: In some web pages, third party cookies can be installed to allow managing and improving the offered services, such as Google Analytics statistical services.
How to delete cookies? Cookies can be eliminated or disabled through different tools offered by most browsers, they can even be blocked by means of a previous configuration. Each browser must be configured separately, since each one offers different functionalities and options. Should you choose to disable, reject or block our cookies, some parts of our websites will not function fully, or in some cases, our website will not be accesible at all.
For more information about deleting or disabling Cookies: